Friday, May 1, 2009

Cool Campaign & Contest: HP Moms for Simplicity with Dara Torres

hp mosaic
HP Moms for Simplicty - add your pic and words to the mosaic!

Do you feel today's advanced technologies simplify your life as a mother?

My answer is a resounding YES.

Thanks to my reasonable, user-friendly HP desktop computer, new super-portable mini-notebook and a fast Internet connection, I feel like I am able to pursue both of my dreams: mothering my kids in an involved fashion and writing every day. Free, user-friendly software allows me to publish this free resource website. A cheap mobile phone allows me to receive text messages and photos minutes after a new baby is born, or quickly dial 911 if my car breaks down on the Beltway. My husband and I can pay our bills and stay on the same page of our family budget through joint online access to all our accounts. I even communicate with my children's principal and our parish priest via email!

Although parenting young children is a low-tech, manual labor of love, new technologies sure streamline the rest of life so that there's more time to spend with the kids.

Olympian and poster gal for the super mom Dara Torres agrees, and she's partnered with HP to communicate with mothers. She's video blogging how technology makes her busy life easier. Other moms - many of them bloggers we all read and love like Heather, Maggie, Ree - have also uploaded photos of themselves and short personal essays of how technology simplifies their lives.

Won't you add your photo and words to the mosaic of moms? You don't have to have won 12 medals while competing in five Olympic games or even have a blog. All you have to have is the desire to win $5,000 worth of HP products - three winners will be chosen!

Official rules: Upload a photo of yourself without any other persons in the picture and submit an essay of 200 words or less of how technology simplifies your life as a mom. The essays will be reviewed by a panel of judges including Dara Torres. Essays will be evaluated based on originality, creativity, the use of technology, simplicity and entertainment factors.

Note: I have purchased ALL of my HP hardware myself and I have not received any type of compensation for this post. I just really like this campaign!

Graphic design by Jeannine Marie Soden of ROYGBIV Design


© Copyright 2008-2009. All rights reserved. No republishing without permission.