Or rather, she wants me to shred some of my ass. And gut. And inner thigh jiggle, tricep meat and that weird little bulge by my bra strap. That's right - I'm taking the 30 Day Shred challenge and committing to work out with the trainer to The Biggest Losers via the popular DVD that promises results. With snow on the ground and the economy in the toilet, working out at home with a virtual Jillian as my personal trainer for just $8.49 is a perfect remedy for the effects of my winter romance with guacamole and Pacifico.
My goals for the month of March are to:
- work out every freaking day
- eat a balanced diet of lean protein, whole grains, tons of veggies
- dessert will be fruit or NOTHING
- keep intake below 1700 calories a day, less if I can without venturing into Virginia Woolf territory
- drink no more than one glass of wine every other day (this will be the toughest for me...but it is Lent after all, not the booze cruise in Cabo)
- Ultimate goal: lose at least 10 pounds of fat
The 30 Day Shred DVD contains 3 20 minute workouts. Each set follows Jillian's 3-2-1 interval system of circuits of 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, 1 minute of abs - a system that will change it up for your body whether you're an athlete or a couch potato.
Photo & Weight - You know, I went through my photos and found some really unflattering shots of me, my ass and other disfunctional members of my body. But I'm a blogger, not a sadist. I feel that if I posted them I'd be more likely to curl up in the fetal position than work out. However, if you'd really like to see how out of shape I am or my exact weight, height and BMI, email me and I'll send you a nice round number and pics of my nice round booty.
I'll keep you posted on my progress here on APISS Reviews.