Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Shred: 30 Days Later



I lost 10 freaking pounds people.

It could be a little more, since I'm in the throes of the PMS bloat and last night scarfed the Peeps I'd bought early for the kids' Easter baskets. But it's real weight, not "bridesmaid dress" weight where you turn around 2 seconds after a good number on the scale and then THEY'RE BAAACKK like Poltergeist bloody 2 or something. It's wow, I really have to belt these jeans so I don't show butt crack weight. Or dude, I don't need Spanx with that cocktail dress after all weight. The best? Wow, I can't believe those pants still fit is that really my ass? weight.

I have never ever before lost 10 pounds in one month without depriving myself of food, working out like a maniac, being a total bitch or when I was younger, smoking. I know, terrible.

But this time, I swear, all I did was not pig out, focused on natural and healthy foods, I didn't eat out much, swapped diet soda for water, I didn't drink enough to get hammered....

And I worked out just 20 minutes a day most days with Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred and The Shredheads. A couple days in there I threw in an hour run/walk and a couple other days I did nada, but it was pretty darn close to the 20 min a day promise.

Now, I still need to lose more and tone further. But honey, I'm not stopping now! These workouts are golden. You sweat like a field hand for the length of one episode of Super Why! or a load of laundry, and then one month later you're a dress size smaller.

And I'm still challenged and amazed by Levels 2 and 3 on The 30 Day Shred DVD. I thought about buying Gwyneth's trainer's dance yourself teeny-tiny-perfect DVD but it was nearly $30 bucks, no thanks. The 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels only cost me $8.49 and was worth every freaking penny.

Look at the rockin' results of the other hotties that are shredding too! Other blogging moms are reporting that their arms look great in sleeveless, their faces are thinner, their husbands are jumping them, their kids are joining the workouts...

So after 30 days and with summer looming, I'll keep on with the updates, good or bad, here on APISS Reviews.

Graphic design by Jeannine Marie Soden of ROYGBIV Design


© Copyright 2008-2009. All rights reserved. No republishing without permission.